THE ART OF LEARNING
Whether they go on to become performers or patrons of the arts, Shady Side Academy students gain an appreciation for the beauty, freedom of expression, and diversity that the performing arts celebrate.
The Hillman Center serves as the primary performing arts classroom for SSA Senior School students in grades 9-12, and as a performance venue for students in grades PK-12. Students also enjoy school-day performances and speakers in the Hillman.
SENIOR SCHOOL FALL PLAY: PUFFS
Nov. 10-13, 2022 • Kountz Black Box Theater
For seven years a certain boy wizard went to a certain Wizard School and conquered evil. This, however, is not his story. This is the story of the Puffs... who just happened to be there too. It’s a tale for anyone who has never been destined to save the world. This clever and inventive play takes a new look at a familiar adventure from the perspective of three potential heroes just trying to make it through a magic school that proves to be very dangerous for children. Alongside them are the Puffs, a group of well-meaning, loyal outsiders. Their hilariously heartfelt and epic journey takes the classic story to new places and reimagines what a boy wizard hero can be.
- Thursday, Nov. 10, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 11, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 12, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 13, at 2 p.m.
- $12 for students, $15 for adults
- Purchase online at http://our.show/ssapuffs. (Tickets also may be purchased at the door; however, advance purchase is recommended as shows may sell out.)
Puffs (One Act for Young Wizards) is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Samuel French, Inc. www.concordtheatricals.com